USER PRIVACY STATEMENT
Effective Date: July 23rd 2015
BAKground collects information about you when you use our mobile applications, websites, and other online products and services (collectively, the “Services”) and through other interactions and communications you have with us. If you reside in the United States, the Services are provided by BAKground, Inc. and its U.S. affiliates (collectively “BAKground.”), and this Privacy Statement applies to information collected and used by BAKground.
SCOPE AND APPLICATION
This Privacy Statement (“Statement") applies to persons anywhere in the world who use our apps or Services to request security services (“BAKground”). This Statement does not apply to information we collect from or about security guards, security agencies, partner security companies, or any other persons who use the BAkground secuity platform (collectively “Provider”). If you interact with the Services as both a Client and a Provider, the respective privacy statements apply to your different interactions.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect information you provide directly to us, such as when you create or modify your account, request on-demand services, contact customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. This information may include: name, email, phone number, postal address, profile picture, payment method, items requested (for security services), security notes, and other information you choose to provide.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH YOUR USE OF OUR SERVICES
When you use our Services, we collect information about you in the following general categories:
• Company Information: When you use the Services for security, we collect data about your company from the BAKground website or mobile interface used by the providers. If you permit BAKground to access your companies information through the permission system used by our website and mobile operating systems (“platform”), we may also collect the data and store it for obtaining future services.
• Contacts Information: If you permit the BAKground to access your companies through the permission system used by your mobile platform, we may access and store your companies information’s to facilitate security services through our online or mobile database.
• Transaction Information: We collect transaction details related to your use of our Services, including the type of service requested, date and time the service was provided, amount charged, and other related transaction details. Additionally, if someone uses your promo code, we may associate your name with that person.
• Device Information: We may collect information about your company, including, for example, name, phone number, address, company services, number of employee, type of business and etc..
• Call and SMS Data : Our Services facilitate communications between clients and providers. In connection with facilitating this service, we receive call data, including the date and time of the call or SMS message, the parties’ phone numbers, and the content of the SMS message.
• Log Information: When you interact with the Services, we collect server logs, which may include information like device IP address, access dates and times, app features or pages viewed, app crashes and other system activity, type of browser, and the third-party site or service you were using before interacting with our Services.
USE OF INFORMATION
We may use the information we collect about you to:
• Provide, maintain, and improve our Services, including, for example, to facilitate payments, send receipts, provide products and services you request (and send related information), develop new features, provide customer support to BAKground and Providers, develop safety features, authenticate users, and send product updates and administrative messages;
• Perform internal operations, including, for example, to prevent fraud and abuse of our Services; to troubleshoot security issues; to conduct data analysis, testing, and research; and to monitor and analyze usage and activity trends;
• Manager or facilitate communications (i) between you and a Provider, such as contacted security services.
• Send you communications we think will be of interest to you, including information about products, services, promotions, news, and events of BAKground and other companies, where permissible and according to local applicable laws; and to process contest, sweepstake, or other promotion entries and fulfill any related awards;
• Personalize and improve the Services, including to provide or recommend features, content, social connections, referrals, and advertisements.
We may transfer the information described in this Statement to, and process and store it in, the United States and other countries, some of which may have less protective data protection laws than the region in which you reside. Where this is the case, we will take appropriate measures to protect your personal information in accordance with this Statement. If you are in the EU or Switzerland, please see the Safe Harbor notice below.
SHARING OF INFORMATION
We may share the information we collect about you as described in this Statement or as described at the time of collection or sharing, including as follows:
THROUGH OUR SERVICES
We may share your information:
• With Provider to enable them to provide the Services you request;
• With third parties to provide you a service you requested through a partnership or promotional offering made by a third party or us;
• With the general public if you submit content in a public forum, such as blog comments, social media posts, or other features of our Services that are viewable by the general public;
• With third parties with whom you choose to let us share information, for example other apps or websites that integrate with our API or Services, or those with an API or Service with which we integrate; and
• With your employer (or similar entity) and any necessary third parties engaged by us or your employer (e.g., an expense management service provider), if you participate in any of our enterprise solutions such as BAKground for Business.
OTHER IMPORTANT SHARING
We may share your information:
• With BAKgrounds subsidiaries and affiliated entities that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and / or logistics purposes;
• With vendors, consultants, marketing partners, and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
• In response to a request for information by a competent authority if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or is otherwise required by, any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
• With law enforcement officials, government authorities, or other third parties if we believe your actions are inconsistent with our BAKground agreements, Terms of Service, or policies, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of BAKgrounds or others;
• In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, consolidation or restructuring, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by or into another company;
• If we otherwise notify you and you consent to the sharing; and
• In an aggregated and/or anonymized form which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
ANALYTICS AND ADVERTISING SERVICES PROVIDED BY OTHERS
You may correct your account information at any time by logging into your online or in-app account. If you wish to cancel your account, please email us at email@example.com. Please note that in some cases we may retain certain information about you as required by law, or for legitimate business purposes to the extent permitted by law. For instance, if you have a standing credit or debt on your account, or if we believe you have committed fraud or violated our Terms, we may seek to resolve the issue before deleting your information.
BAKground will comply with individual’s requests regarding access, correction, and/or deletion of the personal data it stores in accordance with applicable law.
You may opt out of receiving promotional messages from us by following the instructions in those messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, about Services you have requested, or our ongoing business relations.
YOUR FLORIDA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Florida law permits residents of Florida to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. BAKground does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes unless you provide us with consent to do so.
CHANGES TO THE STATEMENT
We may change this Statement from time to time. If we make significant changes in the way we treat your personal information, or to the Statement, we will provide you notice through the Services or by some other means, such as email. Your continued use of the Services after such notice constitutes your consent to the changes. We encourage you to periodically review the Statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, please contact us at SUPPORT@BAKGROUND>COM, or write us at BAKground, Inc., Attn: Legal, 12620 BEACH BOULEVARD, STE # 3-241
JACKSONVILLE, FL 32246, (if you reside in the U.S).
* BAKGROUND IS A SECURITY MANAGEMENT COMPANY NOT A SECURITY GUARD AGENCY. BAKGROUND DOES NOT PROVIDE SECURITY PROTECTION SERVICES.
2014 © Copyright All Rights Reserved, by Zacomic
2014 © Copyright All Rights Reserved, by Zacomic